Why We Love Provence
And You Will Too!
It may be a cliché, this region has captivated centuries of artists, dreamers and do-ers for a reason. Or actually many reasons—it’s stunningly beautiful, good food and wine are abundant, and it’s filled with people who love what they do—whatever they do. From the producers we meet at farmer’s markets to the artisans keeping ancient traditions alive, Provence is amazing source of inspiration, no matter what you’re interest may be.
We based on groups trips around the experiences we loved the most when we first started exploring Provence. So we’ll hit some of the best village markets, introduce you to some of favorite shops in each city we visit and, of course, schedule exclusive appointments with studios, artisans and more. It will be a busy, entertaining, and inspiring week—and one we hope will become profitable for you upon your return home.
Our home for this trip is at the foot of the Alpilles, a small “mountain” range that starts just outside the southern part of St. Remy. With wonderful common spaces and spacious bedrooms, our estate features lovely private grounds and a heated pool, which we encourage everyone to experience. The tour is set up for single occupancy, but if you’re traveling with a companion, just let us know.
Act now to take advantage of this unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a region that has inspired
thousands of artisans and designers and experience the true meaning of l’art de vivre.
This overview agenda is a work in progress, as we’ll adjust some details as new opportunities arise, but you can definitely plan on:
• The markets of Provence—the antiques at Isle sur la Sorgue plus Provençal delights at other local daily markets.
• A full day in Lyon—the most famous silk city in France—with a complete overview of silk fabric and passementerie design and production.
• A guided tour to one of the only remaining producers of historic Indiennes—the colorful fabrics that are so closely identified with Provence.
• Indulge your senses—scent, taste, sight and touch— with visits to renowned regional producers.
• Guided wine and olive oil tastings.
• Treasure hunting at world class brocantes.
• Create your own scent at one of the venerable Grasse parfumeries.
• Private visits and trunk shows to textile dealers and collectors.
• Private woad dyeing workshop at our bastide.
The package price include 8 days/7 nights at the property which is equipped with wifi, laundry and other home amenities. In addition to the events listed on the itinerary, your fee covers:
• Pick-up from and delivery to Avignon TGV train station.
• Champagne welcome.
• Daily Continental breakfast.
• Meals as listed on itinerary, meaning breakfasts and dinners at home are included, lunches on days away from home are not included unless otherwise noted.
• Aperitifs each evening at the bastide while we review the day, compare notes, share stories, etc.
• All ground transportation to destinations and excursions.
• Assistance with shipping your treasures home to the U.S.
• Entrance and guided tour fees to any museums, workshops, attractions and festivals listed on the itinerary.
• Pre-travel web session with Deb and Susan to preview locations, planning, travel details, etc.