Every single guest on our Provence Decor Tour has fallen in love
with the region, the food, the experiences and our gorgeous home
for the week—a beautiful property very near the wonderful village of
St. Remy. So join us for a remarkable week of textiles & design
and, of course, food & wine!
Our itinerary doesn’t have your ordinary tourist stops, instead
we have planned excursions and destinations custom-made
for creatives. Our small group of like-minded design lovers will
discover some of the best ateliers, workshops, studios, markets
and shops in Provence.
Our fantastic home away from home for the week is set within lovely private grounds, featuring wonderful outdoor living spaces, a heated pool, and so much more! The building, parts of which date back to 17th century, has been fully restored. The ground floor offers large, comfortable rooms, including a lounge with fire place and piano, a tv room, a library, a gracious dining room and a fully-equipped kitchen opening to a shaded terrace. Upstairs are six spacious bedrooms each with its own private bath, perfect for single occupancy, but each with enough room if you’d like to share with a companion! Act now to take advantage of this unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a region that has inspired thousands of artisans and designers and experience the true meaning of l’art de vivre.
This overview agenda is a work in progress, as we’ll adjust some details as new opportunities arise, but you can definitely plan on:
• The markets of Provence—the antiques at Isle sur la Sorgue plus Provençal delights at other local daily markets.
• A full day in Lyon—the most famous silk city in France—with a complete overview of silk fabric and passementerie design and production.
• A guided tour to one of the only remaining producers of historic Indiennes—the colorful fabrics that are so closely identified with Provence.
• Indulge your senses—scent, taste, sight and touch— with visits to renowned regional producers.
• Guided wine and olive oil tastings.
• Treasure hunting at world class brocantes.
• Create your own scent at one of the venerable Grasse parfumeries.
• Private visits and trunk shows to textile dealers and collectors.
• Private woad dyeing workshop at our bastide.
⇒Get a sample version of the itinerary here.⇐
The package price include 8 days/7 nights at the property which is equipped with wifi, laundry and other home amenities. In addition to the events listed on the itinerary, your fee covers:
• Pick-up from and delivery to Avignon TGV train station.
• Champagne welcome.
• Daily Continental breakfast.
• Meals as listed on itinerary, meaning breakfasts and dinners at home are included, lunches on days away from home are not included unless otherwise noted.
• Aperitifs each evening at the bastide while we review the day, compare notes, share stories, etc.
• All ground transportation to destinations and excursions.
• Assistance with shipping your treasures home to the U.S.
• Entrance and guided tour fees to any museums, workshops, attractions and festivals listed on the itinerary.
• Pre-travel web session with Deb and Susan to preview locations, planning, travel details, etc.