Venice Everyday Extraordinary
When we decided to try our Provence format in Venice, we were amazed by the response. It was an exceptional trip, filled with more art and design than even we anticipated! Our private palazzo was made even more perfect with the addition of those who came to share the experience with us. (Seriously, you have to check out the photos on the Venice Tour Details page—this house is truly fabulous!)
It’s a stunning four-story home in the quiet, residential Castello sestieri with its own boathouse, because it’s right on a canal! Please join us as we say “ciao” to one of the world’s most treasured cities, confirmed September 2018 dates to come.
How Decor Tours Does Venice
We know that as a small city with an incredibly high tourist population, Venice can sometimes get a bit “uncomfortable.” But a DT trip is never about the most popular sites, so if you want to go to San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs, and the other typical “top 10”, we’ll offer our advice on when to go and how to get there…and wave you on your way! Instead we’ve planned an itinerary that gets you into artist’s studios and working factories across the city, opportunities we’ve vetted and that our previous DTer’s can confirm as truly once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
The package price include 7 days/6 nights at the property which is equipped with wifi, laundry and other home amenities. In addition to the events listed on the itinerary, your fee covers:
• Pick-up from and delivery to Marco Polo airport or Santa Lucia train station, Venice.
• Prosecco welcome
• Daily Continental breakfast
• Meals as noted on itinerary, meaning all breakfasts and dinners at the house are included, lunches on days away from the house are not
• Aperitifs each evening at the palazzo while we review the day, compare notes, share stories, plan for the next day, etc.
• All ground transportation to destinations and excursions
• Assistance with shipping your treasures home to the U.S.
• Entrance and guided tour fees to any museums, workshops, attractions and festivals listed on the itinerary
• Pre-travel web session with Deb and Susan to preview locations, general city overview, travel details, transit questions, etc.
What to expect
• Amazing textile archives—Fortuny, Rubelli, Bevilacqua…
• Inspiring creative experiences including studio visits and hands-ons opportunities with some of the city’s most famous artistic traditions—glass, lace, paper, jewlery, etc.
• Private boat trips
• Delicious private dining
• Design camaraderie
• Free time to get lost in Venice, one of the signature charms of this unique city
• And much more…